Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bookstore Arrangement

Today in Flower Center I was the lucky designer for the weekly Bookstore arrangement. I really like when I get to work on larger arrangements that are actually going to be seen, and not just done to practice and then be torn apart. Also, it's fun to check in on the arrangement when I walk across campus.

So for this design I used Safari Sunset Lucadendron, Bells of Ireland, Alstromeria Lilies, Curly Willow and Flowering Kale. The Kale is what inspired it all. As I was in the cooler selecting which flowers I wanted to work with, there was another class selecting flowers for their arrangements, and I couldn't help but grab all the Kale, because I wanted it and didn't want to share!

This arrangement is meant to be seen from all sides, so aside from the three Kale in front, I put the last one in the back, with an extra bunch of Lilies. It was a really fun design to make, but challenging because it's not something that I've done before. Hurrah!

1 comment:

Susie Peterson said...

I love it! You have the coolest vases!