Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Floral Shoppe-Wedding Work

On September 25th we were working on a wedding in the shoppe. I had the privilege of doing the bridesmaid's corsages and the bride's bouquet. Bright fall colors were chosen for the flowers, and we had a great time designing with orange gerbera daisies, yellow daisy chrysanthemums, kermit mums, fall alstromeria lilies, bells of Ireland, and red hypericum.

The bride wanted a slight cascade to her bouquet, while still having a hand-tied look, so I got to improvise a little, and I'm happy with the results.

To achieve the bare stemmed hand-tied look but get the cascade shape, I used a tilting bouquet holder to get the shape right.

Then I glued and taped the flowers stems to the handle of the bouquet holder and added additional salal (greenery) to cover up any evidence of the bouquet holder. I then wrapped the stems in brown and green ribbon to finish it off.

The bridesmaids corsages consisted of some of the same flowers as the bouquet, finished off with sparkly brown ribbon. The flowers were perfect for a beautiful fall wedding.

1 comment:

Jolyn Laney said...

hey! you just told me about these! you're right. they are perfect.