Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Bouquet

For the floral show this semester I had the opportunity to make a bridal bouquet. I was initially only given three orange Roses and a single sprig of Heather, then the type of bouquet holder and greens I used I got to choose. Once I had set up my main structure, Professor Romney was inspired to give me the three Pincushion Protea, and this is what I created:

It was a triangular bouquet, which I set up with the woven palms and heather. To play up the texture of the palms I first sprayed them with leaf shine, to make sure they wouldn't get lost with all the other elements of the design.


The Protea made a great focal point and created a lot of interest.

Looking up from the bottom of the design, this shows off the Ti leaves, weaved palms, and lowest rose.

It was such a fun design to create, and not knowing what flowers I would get really let the flowers speak to me and tell me what to design.

1 comment:

Victoria Dawn Burgamy said...

Your work is great Kristen! Keep up the good work :)